Tuesday

Kaer Azami - Menjelma


I went out wiff me mom last week to Alamanda Putrajaya. She wanted to buy few cds b4 she head home to Wien (Vienna). So I took her to Speedy Video and search for some cds that my mom wanted to buy. Malaysian artist that is these kind of cds wont be available in the Wien market. Hehehe.. I myself are not too fond of Malaysian music. Some of our in house songs are worth listening while others just.. just.. filling the emptiness in the air. Once in the shop I got my eyes hooked on an album laid on the best sellers rack. The singer is familiar to me none other than Kaer, and I kinda like the way this guy sings.

So AFTER three years of silence, Wan Mohd Khair Wan Azami, or Kaer, is back on the music scene with a bang and a sleeker look. The 22-year-old, who made it into the top six of the reality TV show AF2, has an album out and is enjoying plenty of airtime. The self produced album features the single Izinku Pergi, which was composed by famous Malaysian songwriter Azlan Abu Hassan who recently won the Juara Lagu for the ballad Terlalu Istimewa sung by Adibah Noor (my mom wants tis cd) and the late 2004 Kembali Bersama. By the way Izinku Pergi was top of the Astro Era Radio chart for four weeks.
At first I was hesitate to buy the album. 11 songs for RM29.90. Will it be worth it? My mom told me to buy it anyway. To my surprise. yup this album kick ass.. no wonder the album was sold 5,000 copies in its first week. Menjelma is an album with a diversified music genre ranging from R&B, Jazz and Pop Jazz to House Music infused with traditional gamelan beat. Well this is what my mom told me. I don know much bout jazz tunes anyway. hehehe.. So I would recommend this album to those of u who enjoyed listening to jazz and R&B music. Worth evey cent. Way to go Kaer..

P/S: Some of my sister's fren said that I look like Kaer. I don think so!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ehem...tang janggut tu kot ade sikit2 mcm kaer...
he he...
*oit..sejak bila waktu'nya ko layan ballad ni?

Y U H Y I said...

Biasak la bro, lyn jer sume lagu. dr main stream smpi la underground. x kira language ape lyn gk. music ni kn ke universal.